Thursday, March 31, 2016

TARGET MY 17 YEARS OLD FELINE PATIENT



Target is a 17 years old spayed female cat that reaching this senior age, developed a few health issues.

Target is very particular about her privacy, so I will protect her name by calling her Patient T. Oops… I just realized I have already called her Target, oh well, I’m sure she will be OK with it, I will send her a nice email apologizing, but we'll continue calling her Patient T, as it sounds so much more mysterious.

Patient T hasn’t been feeling very well lately. She was losing weight, was vomiting and was hiding a lot at home. Also, Patient T, is very vocal and expects her owners to wake up at a certain time in the morning and freshen up her food; giving her the well-deserved attention she needs and expect.

Her owners noticed that she was much more silent and hardly complained to them. Mind you, when she complained she was always right, she has been on this planet for 17 years and she knows what to expect.

Her concerned owners brought her to my office and we brought her back to her usual vocal self with reasonable appetite and enjoyment of life: watching the birds and lizards, and those so very dangerous squirrels….

Patient T sees me often, she was coming twice a week, but now we are on a once a week schedule and her health needs are addressed and treatments added and modified if needed.

I treat her as an outpatient as I think more often than not pets do much better treated like this, staying at their home environment; that they know and feel secure.

Last but not least, if you come across Target, please call her Patient T, as she thinks, and I agree, it adds a certain level of sophistication to her.

Dr. Ehud Sela-The Gentle Vet

Gentle Vet Animal Hospital 

Phone: 954-972-5900

© Dr. Ehud Sela. No work herein may be reproduced in any way without expressed permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.